My Life

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Choice: Motivation OR Oportunity

What would I rather have, motivation do accomplish a goal, or the opportunity, capital, and networking?

Without hesitation, I choose, motivation. For without motivation opportunity is nil, but without opportunity, one can only be more motivated to attain such.

Perhaps, this is why I consider myself a "spoiled" individual, in a sense that I am given the opportunity to achieve, however, I refer to my animalistic instinct to take advantage of my givens: food, shelter, entertainment; thus I am lazy. However this does not stall the urge tofeel accepted and accomplished in what I stive for, thus I am drawn to the initiative of copious new activities, and then leave them as I found them for lack of motivation and consequently the lack of sight in a goal, which this motivation stirs.

More on the subject of the reality of accomplishments: my mind races ahead of the times, and this helps contribute to demotivating the expected results, or goals of what I've set out to do. Perchance, one may call this ADD, and this is a arguable case, I might be ADHD, however I also think this same stereotypical diagnosis made by an individual of some intellect, may be the reason why so many people's diagnoses are misread, thus shielding knowledge away from another discomforft, here more emotional, than a proven chemical imbalance

(I won't splurge on the chemical "proof" that is behind ADD, because, just as easily these two abnormalities in the human psyche may have very similar symptoms).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home