My Life

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Knowledge is Unchanging

After watching an inspirational independent lens episode on PBS regarding the Philidelphia Orchestra's ideology and thoughts about themselves and their music I recall an old though.

Mundane. This is how most people would describe their schooling, or their day to day life. I agree. Mundane, though in hindsight or in anticipation of an old or new activity is not a common phrase. Intresting this is, and as I pondered over the idea, I came to a hypothesis (through my own experiences) that people are never as fully appreciative of an act as when they are inspired by it in the beginning, or reminisce about it in the finish as they are throughout the act itself.

However, once in hindsight the knowledge is the same. This is the unique thing about knowledge, it is uncahnging. Much as a person may cahnge, from hating to loving someone, or brusselsprouts, etc. the composition, history, etc. of the ideas and objects will not change. This allows for updated understandings of previous material with a different memento, a different insight, attitude, viewpoint, whatever one may call it. This is partially the reason to the saying: "It's harder than it looks" or in other world can be at the root cause of arrogance, conceited self images, and boasting. Furhtermore, I can see this as a contribution to the "high" experienced upon the success of an act. The simple realization that what was done was not in vain, and has now acknowledgeably changed a person's though process, morals, and/or outlook on life, and understanding of oneself, is in itself majestical and prone to high releases of dopamine :) :)!!

Whatever this may be, a new routine, a new career, a new job, I am certain the effects will be the same
(this I can only say for myself b/c obviously a statement of expectation such as the above only sets an influence on my future viewpoints & thus may be viewed as the cause for these here predicted, but later future rationale).

Now as far as to my opinion as to whether this hypothesis if assumed factual can be exploited. I believe so, and its exploitation I also guess may be, and has occasionally (although the recollection of feelings of such motivations, their times, places, and constituencies are a very difficult task fraught w/ its own learning curve & failures)
benefitted me. By holding on to those inaugural impulsive emotions which drove the aspiration within a being, one can harness and use their ideas as a kind of energy guide to channel current emotions into practical, predictable, stable, and (w/ experience) robust ones. Additionally, this focus is just the type I was attempting to explain some articles back & I apoligize for the lack of personal experimental examples, none of which I can recall at the moment. This is what I believe people mean when they say a person just has to "reach" down deep inside to muster a respectable, but yet overall diminuative, amount of motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home